Sunday, April 19, 2009

I NEED TO RESPECT HIM!

*For those who are on FLYLADY Forum*
I'm having problems getting back on. I had to cancel an old account due to problems I was getting with Emails there. So which meant because I couldn't remember my password. I had to start a new account. So for some reason I'm signed on but it won't let me write a post on it.
Ok I'm re-reading 'The Surrendered Housewife' By Laura Doyles. I'm going to take it seriously and see if my attitude has changed and our relationship. In all honesty I can see us going to divorce soon.
Right now I'm the one need to learn to *respect* him more and by doing that I'm *respecting* myself. So right now I'm going to not nag, critize him. For example: If he doesn't want to go to hospital I won't force him. I let him make his desicion when comes to his health. Even though I'm his Carer, which is going to be a challenge there. We have to look in domestic discipline when I do wrong.
Does anyone have information for domestic discipiline?

5 comments:

  1. Rochelle, I had to get a new password more than once for it to work. I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I think domestic discipline is taking things too far. It sounds like you're trying to lower yourself to the level of slave! If you're a loving wife then just having your husband tell you he's unhappy about something should be all the motivation you need to improve the situation.

    A LOVING relationship doesn't involve inflicting punishment on each other for things done wrong. It involves discussing issues in a grown up manner, both of you get to express your opinions, then, if it's a reasonable request (in other words not going to cause you any real harm) you can submit to your husband's wishes. Tell him you love him and trust his judgement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rochelle, Emma has given you great advice I looked up domestic discipline, and that is NOT God's best for you. Making a wife stand in a corner as punishment is bad it can only eat away at her self esteem it's so NOT good. To say nothing about screwing up the kids:-(
    When God made women he took a rib out of the man and made her with it. I believe that was God's way of teaching us that man is meant to keep his women close to his heart not in some corner sorry but NO!!!!!!!
    I hope this helps!
    oxoxoxoxo
    P.S. Emma thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rochelle, I know you like self-help books and are interested in saving your marriage, so I wanted to give you this link to a really awesome book that will teach you how to please your husband while also keeping your own glass full!

    http://www.lulu.com/content/59236

    To download a copy will cost you less then $20 in Australian currency and it will be worth it, trust me!

    I used to be a member of the author's group, you can find her website here: http://www.ultimatefemininity.org/

    I'm not sure how busy her group is these days but it might be worth looking into, it does cost $15 American dollars to join, but that includes a copy of the ebook so you wouldn't have to buy it separately.

    I've participated in one of the author's classes and believe me when I say that they WILL improve your relationship. Not to mention you'll get to meet a group of really wonderful women!

    Emma

    ReplyDelete